• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
wardy18

309 - 205 Driveshafts/hubs

wardy18

Hi all

Just a quick questions, do 309 Driveshafts fit 205 hubs?!

i know obviously the 1.6 205 shafts dont fit the 1.9 hubs as the splines end is narrower but im buyin a 205 which had 309 shafts fitted and was wondering ifs its got 309 hubs or if the 309 1900 shafts/hubs are the same set up as the 205 1900.

i assume the 309 shafts are slightly fatter and so a good little upgrade if increasing your engines power?!

thanx

simon

jord294

205 1.9 hubs are exactly the same as 309 1.9 hubs.

the difference with the driveshafts, is that the 309 ones are longer by about 10mm.

if converting a 1.9 205 to use 309 driveshafts, the wishbones from a 309 should also be used.

wardy18

ah ok i see, this 205 has custom wishbones with rose joints so that wont be a problem

just need to make sure that 309 hubs are fitted then to accomodate the extra length as i need to source some 309 shafts as thats what he had fitted before hand so assume 307 hubs are fitted (if that makes sense)

philfingers

If you've got R/J'd bottom arms and it's fitted with 309 shafts then it's probably because the it's been set up for more camber than std. Am I right in thinking you hill climb sprint? Anyway the shorter shafts are prone to popping out, hence the 309 ones, which are 10mm longer. So you need 205 1900 or 309 1900 hubs basically. There's another thread here http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...view=getnewpost

that's worth a look

wardy18

yeh teh car is set up fro hillclimbs and has adjustable camber settings on the front top struts of the suspension, quite a set up i must say, so id be best looking for 309 shafts then for sure, these will fit fine with all BE boxes i assume, do i need to state its 309 shafts when i buy my LSD also?!

philfingers

No, boxes are the same for 1600 and 1900, so diff is too. Basically the inner CVs/UJs what ever are the same AFAIK but it's the outers are different.

If you've got eccentric top mounts (sounds like you have) then you'll need 309 shafts. What's wrong with the old ones anyway?

What diff you going for TranX, Quaiffe, Kaaz. I've got a TranX myself andf it's great but heard good things about Kaaz ones too.

Phil

wardy18

Im buying just the rolling chassis so no engine/gearbox/driveshafts

which i dont mind because then i can build the engine to my own spec over time and not get invloved in somethin that already half played with if you see what i mean

Ill definitely need to sourse some 309 shafts

Umm ive been told that Gripper is the best for a 205 and thats from Puma Racing but ive never heard of them before so not sure really, dont really know the advantage/disadvantages of each?!

Whats eccentric top mounts?!

Simon

Sign in to follow this