• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Longfield

Lower Wishbone Brace?

Longfield

Simple question this... i've just seen on ebay a 'lower wishbone brace'... is this just OMP trying to put their own tag on what is effectively a front ARB or is it actually something completely different that will make a genuine difference to the handling on a car that already has a front ARB?

Thanks

Longfield.

boombang

Generally they mount between the front wishbone mounts. My understanding is it basically stiffens up any flex in the subframe. Personally I can't see the subframe flexing that much, but some people have reported good things (mainly over on the 106 RR).

Rippthrough
Generally they mount between the front wishbone mounts. My understanding is it basically stiffens up any flex in the subframe. Personally I can't see the subframe flexing that much, but some people have reported good things (mainly over on the 106 RR).

The subframe does look fairly beefy but you have to remember it's only spot-welded, and it flexes on 'em. Whether you notice it enough or not largely depends on cornering speeds and your suspension setup though

Rom

Theres been quite a bit of debate on these.

Some love em, some hate em.

To fit is normally just undo the front lower arm bolts, but the strut in, the replace bolts, which hold the strut in place.

I personally didnt like mine, found it liked to understeer more.

Sign in to follow this