• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rallyeluke

Afm Relocation. What Size Reducer Hose Do I Use?

rallyeluke

as above i intend to relocate the filter so it sits in front of the battery behind the passenger side headlamp. what size hose do i use and also any manafactures you reccomend to use??

many thanks for your help.

i gotta say i absolutly love this site. it makes me proud to own a 205 knowing it has such an awesome community behind it

thanks again lucas tunnicliff

James_R

Sounds like you want a K&N stlye kit, or you can make your own out of the existing filter trunking :excl:

rallyeluke

i want to know what size reducer hose runs from the throttle body to the afm?

i have the filter already. cheers

large

K&N do one that comes with the fillter. Have a look on ebay or a post on the wanted section.

rallyeluke

i already have the filter im going to use i want to know what are the two diameters on the reducer hose that are required?.

K&N do one that comes with the fillter. Have a look on ebay or a post on the wanted section.

GLPoomobile

The reason no one has given you a straight answer is because nobody uses 'reducers' when they do this. You either use the adaptor supplied in the kit (as per the K&N suggestion above) or you modify the original pipe to make your own adaptor, and this covered in full on the main site, which I believe someone has already pointed you to (have you read it?) EDIT: my mistake, there was no mention of the main website. Go there and read the articles and you will find a guide on how to modify the OE pipe to make the adaptor you need.

If you buy a reducer you will need to modify it to accept the two small breather hoses which attach to the original pipe, so bearing that in mind there's no point paying for a reducer when you can cut down the oiginal pipe.

If you are still adamant about getting a reducer why not measure your throttle body and AFM to get the measurements you need?

Edited by GLPoomobile

Sign in to follow this