• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dj_mini

Oil For Lsd?

Dj_mini

Iv been running std pug box oil in my car with a plate diff in but hav since been told i should run a diffrent oil due to the diff and have been recomended millers crx ls 80w90 but in demon thives it sates that this oil is for non syncro box's only? What oils are you using?

Cheers Dan

chownr

Dan

Unfortunately due to Aluminium Syncros in the BE boxes box oil is always going to be a trade off between whats good for the box and whats good for the diff. At the start of this year I ran fully synthetic box oil as recommended for the plate diff. Whilst it was easy on the diff it was a nightmare for the syncros and I missed loads of gearchanges. I wasnt happy at all with this and did a load of research and was told that the old works cars ran Std Total BV box oil with regular changes. This improved changes dramatically and is what Ive done for the rest of the year without any problems and the diff has worked fine. Have just done a plate change and the wear wasnt bad at all.

Hope this helps

Rich

philfingers

I did 10-12k in my old 309. It ran a TranX, there was negligible wear. I ran Comma SX75/90 I think it was, or maybe 75/80. Either way it's a semi syn. Cost about 20 quid for 5 litres. No problems with gear changes etc

James_R

Std Total BV box oil is all I run too

Sign in to follow this