• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M@tt

Clear Screen Products For Winter Driving

M@tt

What with the crappy winter weather and dark mornings and nights, my 100 mile a day commute up and down the M1 in the 106 diesel is not brilliant fun.

My main bug bear is the quality of vision through the windscreen if its raining\drizzling. I've tried new blades but they havent improved things greatley,(thinking of fitting some chav style wiper deflectors(in black) to help push the wipers onto the screen better . The problem seems more to do with smearing and general grubbyness of the screen (despite cleaning it). I was therefore wondering if people had and tips or tricks or recommended products to try to try and get back a crystal clear screen?

I'm thinking products like RainEx but they seem to do differnet versions so unsure which one to try

Cheers

Batfink

I got the halfords rain stuff and its smeary until it gets a little wet but then it works quite well..

Phil H

Clean your windscreen and blades with vinegar and use newspaper instead of a cloth

ccgoose

£150 maybe?

Anton green

possibly try scraping all the accumulated crap off the glass surface using a stanley blade

Sign in to follow this