• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
driversdomainuk

FIA Approved Cobra Seat

driversdomainuk

Think I must be on for a record with my posting this week <_<

I went to Cobra factory in Telford this weekend and bought an FIA (not FAI as on subject heading!) approved competiton seat, look good and has extended lateral neck supports - so deep in fact that when you sit back you can hardly see anyone is in the seat from the side!!

Anyway, more seriously - I am looking to get it in the car without too much trouble. Has anyone done this before? I am sure I will need to remove the original seat support/bar as it will sit too high.

What options will I have as the floor aint going to support drilled in rails on their own...?

Edited by driversdomainuk

bren_1.3

if you dont want to weld in new seat rails, then look at the seat mounting kit omp sell. other than that there really isnt much alternative.

swordfish210

i'm currently in the process of removing the OE seat mounts and welding in some 3/4 box section in it's place at the moment and in my oppinion if you've spent all that money on an FIA approved seat and upgrading your roll cage then you'd be an idiot not to remove the seat mounts and weld in some stronger ones. The standard mounts are so damm easy to remove it's rediculous. In an accident they would just tear themselvs from the floor. Plus by putting your own seat mounts in you can get the seat where you want it.

TEKNOPUG

Are you going to run it with harnesses or seatbelt?

I have a Cobra seat for sale with a proper 205 subframe that I'd be willing to split.

driversdomainuk
i'm currently in the process of removing the OE seat mounts and welding in some 3/4 box section in it's place at the moment and in my oppinion if you've spent all that money on an FIA approved seat and upgrading your roll cage then you'd be an idiot not to remove the seat mounts and weld in some stronger ones. The standard mounts are so damm easy to remove it's rediculous. In an accident they would just tear themselvs from the floor. Plus by putting your own seat mounts in you can get the seat where you want it.

Hang on, I think I could have spent more than I needed.....

I currently have a Cobra adjustable mount as I currently run a basic Cobra bucket seat which is good but no way as good as the new one....

I was not aware there racing seats could fit the standard Cobra adjustable mounts. I thought they could only be mounted from the side (i.e side mouts) :):o:D

If that is the case, I will use the Cobra mouts I have already and sell the other rails on eBay

Edited by driversdomainuk

Sign in to follow this