• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest si-gti

Power Boost Valves

welshpug

not reliable enough, I know many a 205 owner that's dumped them in their quest to get their car through an MOT to find that they were the cause of high emissions and crap drive, the fuel pressure is high enough on the standard rail IMO at 3 bar.

they seem to work really well on some cars but not others.

what makes you think you want one?

large

I think set up is the key, if you are going to have one fitted have it done on a rolling road about £60 for an hour. I did this and the car was better.

bales

I think as said above if you just whack one on it is hit and miss whether it will actually do anything decent or just mess stuff up more. But if you have it set up on a rr then I guess you have more of a chance - though if your engine is standard I wouldn't bother as all you do is adjust the steady state fuel pressure.

This is what I will be doing on my turbo when I increase the boost slightly so that i know it doesn't run lean on boost - plus I can accept it running a bit rich lower down as it isnt a everyday car. Though you may as just well buy a adj FPR as the power boost valves are misleading anyway as they aren't rising rate which is the impression they give.

Batfink

on my car I found it was the quickest way to getting bore wash even on minimum setting, that was a mildly tuned 8v

Sign in to follow this