• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest simran

Mi16, Bike Carbs And Bosch Ecu, Will It Work?

Guest simran

Bit of an odd question, almost a performance downgrade here but here goes...

I am planning on fitting a set of bike throttle bodies to my bx16v and need a quick way to get the car running before i can afford stand alone management. I know this wont be the most accurate method or the smoothest but would a bosch ECU that runs wasted spark coilpacks work on this kind of set up assuming all sensors from the standard setup are mounted correctly in their new homes to work properly. The ECU i am thinking of is the one used on some BX GTi 8v's, uses throttle pot, MAP sensor, air temp sensor and wasted spark coilpack which can all be integrated into a throttle body setup. I would like to know if any 205 gtis ran this setup, maybe some late models? bxs are alot rarer/usually in worse condition than a 205 to scrounge the parts off to complete this so if i can find out whether 205s were fitted with these parts, it might make my life easier trying to gather them. Hope you guys can help or offer some good advice on this.

welshpug

ZX 1.9 volcane used the same system, as did the 1.9 405 sri.

I think if you can get a decent map signal then it should work quite well, it is mappable as well.

Guest hassan

i think it will work, but not supporting the 180+ hp aimed from any multithrottle system.

Guest simran

considering the costs, ive decided to do it properly instead and get a megasquirt ecu, cheers for the help though guys.

Sign in to follow this