• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
projectpug

Weber 45 Rolling Road Tune

projectpug

Hi

Taking my car for a rolling road tune and dyno print out tomorrow on a recently converted twin weber 45 1.9 gti 8v . The car made 125 bhp last time what do you think i will get or should be aiming for. Im not looking for miracles just an increase even if its just a torque increase i will be happy. Does anyone have any examples of standard cars with 45's on?

Cheers

Phil

danpug

My old standard 1.9 on twin 40's gained a noticeable amount of torque, no idea how much though. Yours should gain a fair whack if setup well.

projectpug

Twin 40s are known for good torque well thats what i remember i think.

danpug

They aren't the best for a 1.9 really, from what i've read on here 45's are the way to go.

tri_longer

With weber 45's ours made 130bhp (not sure on torque).

With the addition of a maniflow manifold this has increased to 140bhp.

That is running on super unleaded.

danpug

What power was yours before? Surely it must have been a fair bit down on standard power?

tri_longer

I can't remember to be honest as it was 2 seasons ago that we fited the webers.

Though bearing in mind that they supposedly never left the factory with 130 bhp, it probably had only around 120 when we picked it up.

So 20 bhp from webers and a manifold are reasonable I think.

Also, as many on here will point out, no two rolloing roads will give the same results. They key is to stay with the same RR and the dyno shows an increase for any changes made, if you move about the differences in RR may give a false impression.

projectpug

Yeh my dads picking mine up for me tomorrow so hopefully will make more than 125 that it did same RR.

jord294

are you having the rolling road done in gresford?

projectpug

No at SBC in tarporley i have used the one in Gresford on another car before but i wasnt that impressed .

projectpug

Car made 126 at 5,500 couldnt rev any higher due to coil causing misfire. On the road though it will rev straight through no problems. So pleased about that so its definately faster than before but not sure by how much exactly.

jord294

at least with paul at 'skip browns' he is pretty thorough :)

was the 126 bhp at the wheels or flywheel. what was the torque figure?

i've used both 'skip browns' and gresford for rolling road. i don't know the last time you went to gresford, but he's had a new rolling road within the last 18 months.

i found him very thorough too

projectpug

Hi

Im not sure of the torque figure i asked only when leaving about the power and its 126 at fly at 5,500 i was more concerned with the misfire problem/ and with what Paul had to say about the car. His comments were it was quick and pulled fine on the test drive problem was overheating ignition amplifier on the dyno. Car now runs sweet though and thats the main thing all the figures are written down in sbc on files about the car. I will next time im in ask for a copy when i have a baffled sump done. Main test will be oulton this weekend see how she goes there

Regards to the Gresford rolling road i just didnt like the customer service when compared to sbc there about a mile from me but would rather travel 20 miles to get imo a better service. And to me SBC tend to deal with 205s all day every day so know them inside out where i couldnt say the same about the on in Gresford. I wouldnt say it was a bad service but just not as good and helpful as SBC. (and no i don't get a back hander from them lol)

Cheers

Phil

Edited by projectpug

Sign in to follow this