• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest silver 1600

Heater Blower?

Guest silver 1600

Hi all not posted on here for a while :) But i have a bit of a problem with my GTI the heater blower stopped working last week so i went to the breakers and got a new one and all was fine for a week :P.

Then last night i went out to the car to start it up to clear the screen of frost and it worked fine then but when i came out ten mins later it had stopped again :rolleyes: .

Thought nothing of it as it may be the fuse and went home had a look today and the fuse is fine and the motor dose not seem siezed up to any Ideas?

Thanks guys if you can give me any pointers as its getting bloody cold now B)

jord294

this time of year, and if you can afford one, buy a new one

i recollect them to be about 70 squid though :rolleyes:

brianthemagical

have you tried testing the input to the blower? to see if it is the blower or controls?

Guest silver 1600

Yeah im gonna check the feed this morning if I can find my test lamp :wacko:

yeti-dj

My gti heater died the other day as well and it turned out to be the resistor unit that sits under the dash next to the blower had give up, new one fitted and heater now blows far harder than before, all good at this time of year..

yeti

Paintguy

My heater can be a bit temperamental, and it's caused by the wiring connection going into the resistor block mentioned above. I reach down and give it a wiggle and the heater comes on until I hit another big bump. :wacko:

Super Josh
My heater can be a bit temperamental, and it's caused by the wiring connection going into the resistor block mentioned above. I reach down and give it a wiggle and the heater comes on until I hit another big bump. :blush:

I've had this, one of the pins on the speed controller module (aka resistor block) was a little corroded and the increased resistance caused it to heat up, due to the amount of current being drawn. And it actually caused the plastic housing on the end of the cable to melt :wacko:

mrblonde

im having probs with my blower to.where is the resistor?.it just seems to work when it wants to.

westy

me too ;)

Mine just seems to run slowly.

Ideas?

mrblonde

anyone??....

Atari Boy

I too have blower problems, I though it was fcuked but it came back to life today. Am I right in thinking that I probably need to clean the resistor's terminals to start with?

James_m

Previous thread

Some good advice from RobbieCFC here.

My heater used to run slow/occasionally not at all, so i bent the arm, and all is well now.

Albeit with only the last 1/4th of the dial doing anything, but ive never seen a 205 that didnt have that particular trait.

Sign in to follow this