• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
flipperthebushkangaroo

Headlight Glass

flipperthebushkangaroo

Hello, i have a couple of lighting questions if anyone can help,

1 what can be used to stick the glass back on to the base of my headlight?, the one i have fitted is cracked and the glass on my spare has come unstuck.

2 has any one tried the LED plug in replacements for indicators/ side and brake lights if so are they any good, folowed a base 205 the other day and thought the back lights were very poor compaired to modern lights and would like to improve mine.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Roddie

welshpug

some sort of RTV sealant would do the trick, then secure the glass with the metal clips.

to brighten up the rear lights just fit new bulbs, clean up or replace the lamp cluster, check/clean up the earth points, and make sure the alternator is charging sufficiently :rolleyes:

steve@cornwall
some sort of RTV sealant would do the trick, then secure the glass with the metal clips.

to brighten up the rear lights just fit new bulbs, clean up or replace the lamp cluster, check/clean up the earth points, and make sure the alternator is charging sufficiently :rolleyes:

Clean all old sealant from light glass and unit - run a bead of silicone around the base - white will match OE- but IMO clear looks better_ press firmly together and tape in place. after an hour or so remove tpe.

As said, remove rear cluster lens and clean inside of lens, bulbs and reflector- it's surprising the crud that collects here

flipperthebushkangaroo

Thanks very much not sure how bad my lights actually are but will give them an early spring clean and use the silicone sealent on the head light, can't remember seeing ant metal clips though (but perhaps thats why its fallen off!!!!!! :rolleyes: )

Thanks again

Roddie

Sign in to follow this