• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DirtyFlare

Gearbox Mount

DirtyFlare

how do you change the gearbox mount? Im sure its the gearbox mount as far as i can remember, as its under the engine/gearbox and in the middle. no its not the lower engine mount where one of the driveshafts goes through

Its number 3 in this pic http://www.stuartmcguire.co.uk/pug/dessins/205N/2N18A20A.gif

and where can i get one from?

i ask as i can see daylight through it where part of the mount has fallen out so im sure it has seen better days

(before someone replies "use the search" i have and found nothing :lol: )

Pugnut
how do you change the gearbox mount? Im sure its the gearbox mount as far as i can remember, as its under the engine/gearbox and in the middle. no its not the lower engine mount where one of the driveshafts goes through

Its number 3 in this pic http://www.stuartmcguire.co.uk/pug/dessins/205N/2N18A20A.gif

and where can i get one from?

i ask as i can see daylight through it where part of the mount has fallen out so im sure it has seen better days

(before someone replies "use the search" i have and found nothing :lol: )

surely you mean number 4 in the pic?

no 3 in that pic is the rear mount where the driveshaft goes through . you said it wasnt that??

if you do mean 4 then support the gearbox underneath with a jack , remove the battery . undo larger centre nut the remove the two 13mm nuts and out it pops. refit is the reverse . its the easiest one to change

jord294

gearbox mount available from main dealer

simple enough to change. position jack under gearbox just to take any weight. remove battery. you'll see gearbox mount in the middle of battery tray, being held down by 2 x 13mm bolts and iirc the 17mm nut.

because you already have jack supporting gearbox, remove 17mm nut. then gradually drop the jack till most of the thread is through. undo the 2x 13mm bolts and gearbox mount should just lift out.

hopefully i shouldn't need to explain how to put everything back together

DirtyFlare

whoops, i just ran out side (in the rain :rolleyes: ) and checked what i was talking about as i confused myself :rolleyes:

DSC00054.jpg

there it is and looking at it, it is the lower engine mount after all (i think) :rolleyes:

and im sure you shouldnt be able to see daylight through it.

I know im going to have to press the old bush out and the new one in, whack the intermediate bearing on the driveshaft out with a drift, but can i take the mount off without having to support the engine, or should i put a jack under it?

and can mods please change the title of the topic to "Lower engine mount" :rolleyes:

Edited by DirtyFlare

Pugnut

thats how its suppost to look . but if your exhaust keeps hitting the floor or you are going through a lot of front pipe gaskets then it probably worth changing . also at the expense of a bit of extra vibration on idle then you can uprate to a solid grp n jobby or one from a xu deisel , for a better more solid feeling front end

DirtyFlare

oh i thought it was f***ed :rolleyes:

i'm going to be upgrading to a group n as my exhaust hits the underside of the car (magnex 4-2-1 manifold and exhaust)

Andrwn8304

You can buy the bushes even tho Peugeot say its a complete unit costs roughly £117 inc v.a.t. I payed about £4 the bush and got it pressed into the alloy casing

pug_ham
i'm going to be upgrading to a group n as my exhaust hits the underside of the car (magnex 4-2-1 manifold and exhaust)

Thats how they are mean't to look.

With a Magnex exhaust you are supposed to have an uprated lower mount, without it your warrenty / lifetime garuntee is invalidated. (one is uspplied with them when new).

How to change it covered here.

Graham.

DirtyFlare

thanx for the link

out of interest does the mount in this part (picture below) need to be changed? if so can you get it separately or do you buy the whole part as one?

engine_mount_help.jpg

jord294

you can also buy that bush.

but out of experience, there will probably be none or very little wear anyway

Andrwn8304

Yes I replaced this 1 aswell it costs about £3.50 for bush. Not a hard job change but much easier to get the bush pressed in

pug_ham
out of interest does the mount in this part (picture below) need to be changed? if so can you get it separately or do you buy the whole part as one?

engine_mount_help.jpg

Its the link between the lower engine mount & the subframe but as said, they hardly wear much, if at all.

The bush in the lower mount will need replacing before that imo as there is a lot more space for it to move around it.

Graham.

DirtyFlare

well im going to change the lower engine mount bush and for about £3.50 i might as well change this bush too, even if its is just for peace of mind.

where can i get one? main stealers?

pug_ham
where can i get one? main stealers?

It'll be a main stealers only part.

0000180904 FLEXIBLE BUSH 5.41 GBP 6.36 GBP 6.36 GBP

Graham.

DirtyFlare

thx will get one ordered monday :D

Andrwn8304
It'll be a main stealers only part.

0000180904 FLEXIBLE BUSH 5.41 GBP 6.36 GBP 6.36 GBP

Graham.

No I got mine from local Motor Factors along with all the other engine mounts

pug_ham
No I got mine from local Motor Factors along with all the other engine mounts

If they are anything like the normal pattern bushes I'd rather get them from peugeot so it lasts longer.

Graham.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this