• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
oli-pug

Anyone Using Xsara Vts Trailing Arms?

oli-pug

Hi, i've got a beam dilema here. Which trailing arms to use?? ;)

I'm definetely going for a 309 beam for its wide track and thicker bars. Originally i was thinking of fitting zx arms for the 0 toe and 1 degree -ve camber ... but i want to know exactly how a 205's handling is affected by the lack of toe in. Is turn-in improved with it less controllable on the limit?

For this reason, i was thinking how would the car handle with more toe-in than standard. i.e xsara vts arms have 5mm toe-in and 1.2 degree -ve camber. I'm guessing that turn-in would be worse but overall, more rear end grip and progressiveness.

Anyone tried the two?

28CRAIG

There was a topic on this on 306 gti6 forum a while back and the out come was pretty much what you have already said. HERE

James_R

I've been using ZX arms for the last year on both a 205 and 306 and both with 24 and 25mm torsion bars, found the cars extremly pliant on the limit not snap over or understeer on it just did the job, bit twitch at 120-130 roudn faster corners, but I'd expect that of any 205 weighing sod all anyways, the 306 was just flat as a pancake and stable as a brick. Oh less toe give better showboating lift off having tried both, can't comment on the flat out of VTS rear arms as they're on a std 1600 and I've not used that in anger, but the owner says it's a bit dull with them on :)

Spose on gravel then more toe in makes sense to keep the tail undercontrol better, on tarmac I cna't see the advantage.

Edited by James_R

oli-pug

cheers for that James. I know there's a few boggo zx's in a scrappy nearby so i might pinch the arms off them then... i guess the arms are the same for drum and disc braked zx.

what about xsara vtr? they have a drum beam, are the arms the same as any base xsara?

Sign in to follow this