• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
newdean0

Power Steering Column Universal Joint

newdean0

I've replaced the steering rack on my car but there is still slack in the original 160K universal joints. I don't really fancy buying a pattern whole lower column for £47 +VAT and I don't reckon there'll be any 205s in the scrapyard with joints in much better condition than mine. Has anyone found somewhere you can buy compatible UJs from, or is there a more modern peugeot I can rob the UJs from?

Cheers

Dean

ifcho

Here in Bulgaria, you can find u-joints for a few euros.

Note, that the joints come in several sizes and you must strip down yours to find out which size you have.

philfingers
I've replaced the steering rack on my car but there is still slack in the original 160K universal joints. I don't really fancy buying a pattern whole lower column for £47 +VAT and I don't reckon there'll be any 205s in the scrapyard with joints in much better condition than mine. Has anyone found somewhere you can buy compatible UJs from, or is there a more modern peugeot I can rob the UJs from?

Cheers

Dean

From Peugeot they're expensive (135 I was quoted I think. Try www.peugeotparts.co.uk mine was 45 quid for a genuine one about 3 yrs ago

Sign in to follow this