• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest pughardtop

Rear Suspension Squeaking.

Guest pughardtop

Hi, My 205 1.9 gti seems to drive and handle well, however the rear suspension makes an annoying squeaking noise on both sides when on the move, you can also hear this when you push down on the rear of the car. The rear suspension works fine and the wheels arent camberd but the car had stood for sometime whilst its restoration was being done.

The noise seems to come from each radius arm when it moves, I would appreciate any suggestions to cure this, OTHER THAN EARPLUGS !!!. I have heard that grease nipples can be put in the tube but dont know if this is advisable or not and if so where exactly to drill so the grease hits the right spot. Thanks again.

jonnie205

it will need new bearings, do this sooner rather than later or things will get worse and cost more

Guest pughardtop
it will need new bearings, do this sooner rather than later or things will get worse and cost more

Thanks for that, Would you know how easy it is to do this and if special tools would be needed, as its the only part of the car I havent yet had to work on, Thanks again.

paulh
Thanks for that, Would you know how easy it is to do this and if special tools would be needed, as its the only part of the car I havent yet had to work on, Thanks again.

Excellent guide here - most of what you'll want to know.

Even I could follow this!!

http://www.205gtidrivers.com/articles.php?...-rearbeamrefurb

Sign in to follow this