• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
de Noir

2-outlet M/c

de Noir

Anyone here running 2-outlet M/C from ABS-ed 306/405/406?

I have two of them, both 22mm M/Cs from my earlier cars.

I'm considering wheteher to use it or not, as size fits nicely to big brake conversion...

Any downsides, compared to 4-outlet M/C?

Line splitters, are there any OE items?

Photos of installation, if any, would be nice. Thanks. :)

shine

I'm running this 2 outlet type. One outlet splitted for front brakes, and the second to the brake bias valve for the rears. Works very well.

Downsides is a 2 route brake system, instead of 3 as most normal cars have. But, even if running a 3 route system you loose brake effect if one line breaks.

Espen

cybernck

^ what he said :).

mine's 23.8 mm btw.

vern

Dont the 1.6 have a splitter at the rear.

I can speak from experience about losing one of the braking circuits, you get no braking what so ever with 1 brake line broken/split.

Guest smokinslim

Surely from a safety point of view a 4 port would be better then.

Clean them up all shiney, take a couple of good pics, whack em on ebay and use the money to buy a new 4 port....

de Noir

As I see it, both systems are of similar safety...

I haven't ruled out buying new m/c, yet why overspend if stash fits its purpose?

My point is to upgrade brake system using parts that I already have, if they are of similar or better performance...

...which is exactly the case here...

I think we agree that 22mm m/c fits 306S16 front calipers better than 20mm m/c, whatever the number of outlets may be?

More of this in my project thread soon...

Today's bottom line is that I have to decide 2 or 4 outlets and start bending my brake lines! :D:lol:

Edited by MH_

tom_m
Surely from a safety point of view a 4 port would be better then.

Clean them up all shiney, take a couple of good pics, whack em on ebay and use the money to buy a new 4 port....

no, with a four port you still lose all braking force in the circuit that is compromised.

Sign in to follow this