• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mrblonde

Noise When Steering Right?

mrblonde

hi ya,i know the search engine is not working that well soo...im getting a noise from the front passengers side only on a right turn,its a wearing noise if that makes sense?.it cant be bearings i had the mot done last month and he didnt even advise on the bearings being out.i cant see any rubing on the inside of the arch to.it has been lowered with knoi shocks etc if that helps.

cheers

boombang

Is the brake hose cable tied to the strut and well away from rubbing?

I'd park it up on lock and have a very good look round the whole wheel.

mrblonde

yeah i had a quick look tonight but my pug is low.so would be better up on ramps.i dont think it is the hoses.i hear it even on a slight turn right!.

Baz

CV Joints knocking? Can you jack it up and turn the wheels on full lock? You may not hear it though, might need to (make sure the car's very safe) start engine and put in gear, with car still up at the front, and try it then to see where the knocking's coming from. Only in Sawbo if you need a hand. :)

Blish10

This is probably quite amusing, but i had a similar situation...

Opened up bonnet to find the battery tray/gearbox mount had ripped(!!) and the gearbox was now resting on the driveshaft!! :)

Was fine when turning left, funnily enough, but turning right made a terrible noise and even passengers could feel it vibrating in the footwell.

Fingers crossed for CV boot or something

mrblonde

yeah thanks for that baz.nice to have a fellow pug man near buy.cheers!

mrblonde

so where can i get a cv joint?.i have had a look on gsf web site and they only sell the grease etc.

Jrod

You have to buy a new driveshaft.

mrblonde

oh fook!.thought as much.have to have a good look at it 2moz,cheers

jackherer
You have to buy a new driveshaft.

thats not strictly true, they are available separately but they aren't cheap and the inner joint is probably just as worn as the outer one anyway so a full driveshaft is probably wisest in the long term.

http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/cv-joint-displ...hp?recordID=925

McPikie

I bought a drivers shaft last week from GSF, £45 + TWAT with £25 surcharge

Sign in to follow this