• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
matt-k

Carbs. Fuel Pump.

matt-k

Im installing my mi16 engine and have in my possesion a facet fuel pump i got of ebay. What i want to know is why am i better off using this over the standard injection pump with a fuel regulator fitted?

Thanks, Matt.

ORB

I use a Yamaha R1 pump on my R1 carbs, it seems great, and it auto cuts out when the carbs have enough fuel in them

205mattgti

i use a facet red top pump and a king fuel pressure regulator, had no problems with it

I belive (but not 100% sure) that if u use a standard injection pump u will need to pressure regulators

mmt

The original pump produces too much pressure. The valves in the carbs cannot shut with the pressure from the original pump.

Use your Facet pump og any other carburetter fuel pump.

/Martin

taffycrook

I use the std pumps on most applications for road use.

You need a reg FRP09 which drops the pressure to a carb friendly 5-4 psi.

Its listed as a turbo reg but just leave the boost input off.

This allows you to use all the std fuel lines up to the fliter and the return line. Nice easy solution to the plumbing.

projectpug

Just done this myself using an fse turbo carburettor regultaor and a sytec pro flo runing my carbs on 3.5 psi according to the pro flow.

matt-k

Ok people, i have a sytec pro flow regulator (the round silver one with large dial on top) i was going to put this onto the fuel line set at the right pressure for the carbs followed by the filter, non return valve then carbs? Or do i put the regulator on after the carbs on the fuel return line the same as a fuel injection set up? As you can tell ive not done this before! :)

Thanks.

andy0075

fueltank -> pump -> filter -> regulator -> carbs

Andy

rescue dude
Ok people, i have a sytec pro flow regulator (the round silver one with large dial on top) i was going to put this onto the fuel line set at the right pressure for the carbs followed by the filter, non return valve then carbs? Or do i put the regulator on after the carbs on the fuel return line the same as a fuel injection set up? As you can tell ive not done this before! :D

Thanks.

If your running carbs you don't need to use the fuel return pipe so rip it out.

I run Weber 40's on an 8 valve GTi and use a Facet pump (can't remember the exact model) with no regulator at all and it runs quite happily on road or track.

projectpug

Well using the twin regulators i had to use the return on the bottom of the FSE reg as thats how it drops the pressure down . Just depends on how you do conversion

rescue dude
Well using the twin regulators i had to use the return on the bottom of the FSE reg as thats how it drops the pressure down . Just depends on how you do conversion

Yes but my point was that if you use the correct pump you don't need any regulator and then don't need to use the return.

I've seen people running carbs with THREE!!!! reg's. bloody ridiculous.

Sign in to follow this