• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Goliath

Fuel Guage Suddenly Stopped Working, Any Ideas?

Goliath

Hi, i drove my new car back to gloucester from liverpool yesterday and the fuel guage worked fin the whole journey but then when i started the car in the evening it didnt work, the needle just dosent register atall and stays in the position it is in when the engine is off.

anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it?

cheers

Goliath

chownr

Ah the old fuel gauge dilema. My gauge is absolutely useless and often reads zero when below about a quarter full. Ive tried a new sender to no avail so suspect that mine is a problem with the flimsy clock binnacle. Try filling your car up over half full if its on the low side and see if this makes any difference. If it doesnt then systematically try new sender and a set of clocks to cure the problem.

Goliath

the fuel guage is now working again after I............................... did absolutely nothing!

thanks anyway!

Goliath

Guest WillR

I would try a firm tap on the plastic in front of the guage after start up, for years I could get mine to jump back to life using this trick although sadly it did eventually stop working. Now I just guess from the number of miles since the last fill-up...

I presume from this that it is probably a new clock that I need, but the number of miles method has worked fine so far.

Sign in to follow this