• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tonycj

Soft Top (hood) Replacement Help!

tonycj

I have my new hood to put on and have just recieved my new hood stiffeners (bottom rear pillars) i have my rear lower window clamp repaired so now im in the position of starting the replacement.

What i would like to know is:-

1. My new hood has a sewn in back window and there is no stiff tongue at the bottom of it to clamp in the lower bracket (unlike the original window which had a tongue on the bottom for clamping the window taught) so what do i do?

2. The new hood has string running the lenght of it, down each side. What is it for?

3. And any info you guys have available to enable me to complete this job ASAP!!

i like to think i am not going to make a meal of this as i do have a little engineering behind me as i have been an aircraft engineer for the last 10 years.

Many thanks, i look forward to your replies.

Tony.

steve@cornwall
I have my new hood to put on and have just recieved my new hood stiffeners (bottom rear pillars) i have my rear lower window clamp repaired so now im in the position of starting the replacement.

What i would like to know is:-

1. My new hood has a sewn in back window and there is no stiff tongue at the bottom of it to clamp in the lower bracket (unlike the original window which had a tongue on the bottom for clamping the window taught) so what do i do?

2. The new hood has string running the lenght of it, down each side. What is it for?

3. And any info you guys have available to enable me to complete this job ASAP!!

i like to think i am not going to make a meal of this as i do have a little engineering behind me as i have been an aircraft engineer for the last 10 years.

Many thanks, i look forward to your replies.

Tony.

I have fitting instructions kindly e.mailed by another forum member (thanks Phil) pm your e mail add. and I'll forward them

I would imagine the string is to replace the wire tensioners originally fitted

tonycj

Thanks for the reply, i have emailed you my address.

Many thanks,

Tony.

steve@cornwall
Thanks for the reply, i have emailed you my address.

Many thanks,

Tony.

Been trying to send them f*ing hotmail been telling me the servers busy all day :D don't worry, be with you very soon

tonycj

Hi Steve, ive sent you another PM.

Cheers Tony.

steve@cornwall
Hi Steve, ive sent you another PM.

Cheers Tony.

Replied - I won't give up, but keep getting server busy when trying to send part one- I take it the test and part2 came through tonight? Even saving the pics to hard drive and attaching direct, they won't go through. I've sent them before with no probs. so don't know WTF is happening. (IT noob)

steve@cornwall
vern

They look like my instructions, they are getting about a bit.

If you want a copy drop me your email address.

tonycj

Many Thanks Steve for going to the trouble of sending me your instructions.

Many thanks again,

Tony.

Sign in to follow this