• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mrxs

Clutch/gears Suddenly Knackererd!

Guest mrxs

Hi everyone, I'm new here but I was hoping I could grab some trusty advice.....

Basically........I tried to get home in my 1.9 GTI after work last night and I couldn't get into any of the gears.......

I messed around with it and eventually I can get the gears now but it feels different to how it was before and now the gears sometimes crunch and I'ved noticed a rattling noise every time I press the clutch.......

Prior to this, the clutch has never slipped so i don't think it's worn but according to MR Clutch across the road, they reckon it needs a new one but somehow I think they're trained to say that anyway!

I've done a search for this already and I've found various explainations, has anyone got any ideas?

Will be much appreciated......

Thanks

mickie

clutch release bearing maybe

steve@cornwall

Classic loose bellhousing bolts! Start checking bolts, starting with the hex-bolt at the rear (If it's not entirely gone)Then the 2 difficult to access ones under the dizzy. When looking at the join between the engine and "box from underneath, there should be no gap between them. I'll bet yours has a 5 - 10mm gap at the rear

welshpug

if its a be1 check that the small rod between the clutch release arm and the reactor arm the cable hooks onto it present.

t16ryan

i second steve :angry: also if they are loose make sure the dowels are in there before doing the bolts back up

steve@cornwall
i second steve :) also if they are loose make sure the dowels are in there before doing the bolts back up

You ain't wrong! (again :) )

Guest mrxs

Thanks for the help so far guys...I'll be checking for any loose bolts this weekend.....bearing in mind that the car is still parked outside my work, so tools will be limited, really hope it will be an easy fix, fingers crossed.

By the way, Reverse is below 5th so that is a BE3 box, right?

mickie

yeah

Mandic

Also, release bearing fork might broke.

Cheers

Ziga

Guest mrxs

Getting a little peed off now....I had a look today and couldn't work out where these bolts are? so used to VW...everything seems back to front on the pug....

Anyone in the Slough area fancy helping me out for a crate?

steve@cornwall
Getting a little peed off now....I had a look today and couldn't work out where these bolts are? so used to VW...everything seems back to front on the pug....

Anyone in the Slough area fancy helping me out for a crate?

You can see the bolts in this pic. (inserted wrong way round- except the 8mm hex one bottom left)

! below starter position, 1 to the right of the coiled cable and 1 visible in centre of coiled cable)

post-7883-1195337770.jpg

Guest mrxs

Thanks for that steve......

I think things are worse then expected....me and a friend we're underneeth the car today and the bolts wern't loose.....

Also noticed a pinging noise coming from inside the box, audiable just as the clutch pedal comes back to the top.....

Still getting that wurring noise also from the box when clutch pedal is down....

Sign in to follow this