• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davev

R1 Carb Problem

davev

hi, ive developed a little running issue with my car that i cant find covered anywere.

while running at mainly motorway speeds on light throttle it developes a bad hesitation that only stops on full throttle. what ive been doing is stopping, checking the carbs, and noticed that one or two of the sliders were stiff to move. but last night i didnt turn off the engine when checking and noticed that the slider was actually getting stuck fully open(hence the imbalance on light throttle).

does anyone have any idea on what might cause this to happen? as im stumped.

cheers. dave.

yorkdave

i have trouble with my carbs freezing up on the motorway, it was ok untill i lowered the radiator and now if i sit at maybe 70mph, i can feel it hestitating, then boot it and it clears. this is the only problem i have ever had with my set up which has done 12,000miles with out fault. i just blocked off abit of the grill on the motorway, and it was just fine after that.

Sign in to follow this