• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
large

Van Beam

large

Is the set up on a 205 van rear beam the same as the car?

danpug

Afaik yes, some of them were supposed to have slightly thicker torsion bars too.

Baz

Yes the high-top strange van had slightly larger TB's iirc.

ifcho

Do you know if Citroens C15 have larger TBs as well?

In Bulgaria we do not have many 205 Vans, but it is full of C15 and they are an exact copy of a 205

jackherer

C15s/Visas don't have 205 style rear beams at all, they have conventional struts at the back.

ifcho

humm, are we talking about the same car:

CITROEN%20C15%2089-.jpg

I'm pretty sure they have torsion beams at the back, just not sure whether it is the same as a 205 one

large

So instead of spending ££££ on racey TB's i could just get a second hand beam for a van?

Jrod

Only the multivans (the ones with a big back) but they were never sold in the UK AFAIK.

Miles

From what I;ve seen on the C15 van's is the same type of mounting point's but with a coil over damper on the back, not sure if this was a helper spring along with the torsion bar's or not as I didn;t look that closely

ifcho

It appears that c15 indeed are with coil spring/damper setup. On a first look they seemed like a copy of a 205 ;)

Sign in to follow this