• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Garry

Battery In The Boot, What Type?

Garry

I have noticed my battery is leaking a bit.

Over christmas I intend to move the battery behind the passer seat in a fibreglass box. The problem is that I go to the 'ring next weekend and don't want to risk it with a dodgy battery.

Do I need a special type of battery like an Optima sealed one or will the normal batteries like the ones on display in Halfords be OK? I don't want to buy a normal one and find I have to change it in a few weeks!

Thanks

Alastairh

My 306 runs a box in the boot (turbo takes up space B)) and has just a normal halfords one fine mate :)

Al

Miles

In car I would always favour a sealed lead acid type of battery, i.e. Red Top etc as with normal lead acid batteries they vent gases and if you where to roll the car you would have acid leaking all over the place, with the sealed type there's no acid so allot safter but still vent off a small amount of gases during re-charging

engine killer

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...81817&st=10

i use a sealed type battery and place it inside a sealed box in the boot. if you look at the picture i have a small hose connected to the battery vent and diverted to the where the spare wheel located to let the vapour escape.

Spiky

do it proper, NO acid,

DSC04587.jpg

DSC04582.jpg

Edited by Spiky

vern

Try a battery from an MX5 about £60 with next day delivery, they are a gel type, and about half the size of the standard battery, but has a lot more cranking amps can't remember exact figures.

Garry

Can you tell me where from Vern?

I have found Optima red tops for £90 plus £10 delivery on ebay, very heavy though.

engine killer
do it proper, NO acid,

but the price for it is very high :lol:

you battery is located behind the driver seat, any reason?

I have weighted my 205 once and found that the heaviest corner is front right and the lightest is rear left so I have mounted

it behind the rear left passenger seat.

Spiky
but the price for it is very high :lol:

you battery is located behind the driver seat, any reason?

I have weighted my 205 once and found that the heaviest corner is front right and the lightest is rear left so I have mounted

it behind the rear left passenger seat.

40 delivered for mine :(

mine is behind my passenger seat,

i would have put it the boot but i needed the space for tools and tyres, as i carry 4 r888's on spare wheels to the track days

Garry

Thanks Vern.

Where was yours from Spiky?

I am going to put mine behind the passenger seat as like Spiky, I load the boot with tools and tyres as the cage won't allow me to use the old back seat area.

Spiky
Thanks Vern.

Where was yours from Spiky?

I am going to put mine behind the passenger seat as like Spiky, I load the boot with tools and tyres as the cage won't allow me to use the old back seat area.

sadly that was a one off, free price, rallying friend, but it really is worth the extra money, they hold so much load too :lol:

Garry

Thanks Chaps, just ordered one of the Mx5 batteries that Vern suggested.

Spiky

when you get it, can you supply some info

cranking amps, dimensions, :)

vern

This battery is superior to the original Panasonic unit. It uses the very latest absorbed glass mat technology, this advanced battery has no free liquid electrolyte - unlike the Panasonic "wet gel" battery. It also has a higher 'amp hour' (31) and a higher 'cranking amp rate' (475).

Full details if you follow the link I posted earlier.

Spiky

ok cheers,

just something i can pass on to a mate with a 205 :)

projectpug

Any weights on the mx5 gel battery ?

Sign in to follow this