• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Blish10

Starting Troubles

Blish10

Hi guys

Have searched a bit but cant find a problem similar to this

When i go to start my car, i have to give it loads of gas to get it going. If it does fire, I have to keep the revs above 2k for about a minute, otherwise it will die and not start again for about an hour. :)

Im not sure if its overfuelling or is a choke issue (or if it even has one), mechanical knowledge not great.

Any help greatly appreciated

Cheers

Blish

DamirGTI

Hi !

Try search for the - SAD (choke) and - ECU temp. sensor , theres a lot of posts about this :)

Cheers ! B)

Damir

simonb

Yeah does sound like the SAD to me. Easy fix is simply take the the pipe off the back of the SAD and give it a good blast through with some WD40. Leave it ti soak in over night and this should free up any movement again. Failing that it will probaby need to come off for a proper clean - but getting the thing off can be quite a pain.

I dont know why Peugeot didn't mount it in a more accessable place i.e. on top of the inlet or something. My old SAAB 900 turbo was setup like this and I never had any problems with that starting from cold...

DamirGTI
Yeah does sound like the SAD to me. Easy fix is simply take the the pipe off the back of the SAD and give it a good blast through with some WD40. Leave it ti soak in over night and this should free up any movement again. Failing that it will probaby need to come off for a proper clean - but getting the thing off can be quite a pain.

I dont know why Peugeot didn't mount it in a more accessable place i.e. on top of the inlet or something. My old SAAB 900 turbo was setup like this and I never had any problems with that starting from cold...

ditto , it's a really pain in the a**e to remove/refit :)

Sign in to follow this