• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dch1950

Fitting Driveshaft Oil Seals

dch1950

Hi all,

I have recently noticed rather large oil stains on the tarmac beneath my 1.6.Tracked it to the diff housing (no cracks) so set about replacing the oil seals.This is fairly straight forward except on the matter of how to fit exactly. Haynes initially cites 1mm recessed for the N/S and flush for O/S seal.However this is for a BE1 box.This was superceded in a post 88(?) supplement which states (if you can believe this) N/s protruding by 1mm,O/s by 1.5 mm.

There is no mention of the later BE3 box. The PUG delaer tells me that the seals are used in 206's and most 307's as well so whatever the mod was it seems to have worked.

Can any body throw any light on this(by virtue of actually having done it).

Thanks

Dave

welshpug

I fit them Flush :) they are indeed the same as nearly all recent PSA gearboxes, fitted the very same seals to a BE3/4 on a 1.9 DW last week at work.

IIRC the seal is made a little deeper now.

dch1950
I fit them Flush :) they are indeed the same as nearly all recent PSA gearboxes, fitted the very same seals to a BE3/4 on a 1.9 DW last week at work.

IIRC the seal is made a little deeper now.

Thanks for that info.

I only replaced the n/s last week and promptly deposited £14 worth of oil all over the tarmac.

Burk!

regards

Dave

Spiky

i fitted mine flush too, never leaked since :)

Sign in to follow this