• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scartie

Question About The Rear Crossmember

Guest Scartie

Can someone tell me the difference between a standard 205 crossmember and one from a GTi, because i got two crossmembers one from a standard 205 and one from a Gti.

And when i put them next to each other i can't see any differences, they got the same length same diameter, so i am confused :) .

So can someone tell me if i can use the standard 205 crossmember to rebuild the GTi one?

Thanks

Will

danpug

GTi one will have thicker torsion bars, thats the only thing i can think of till someone with more knowledge comes along!

Guest smokinslim

thicker arb too, if the basemodel beam even has one

welshpug
So can someone tell me if i can use the standard 205 crossmember to rebuild the GTi one?

yes :)

IIRC early crossmembers were smaller in diameter (only at the central bulge) but even then they would be compatible for your needs, and as has been mentioned Basic spec cars have smaller diameter torsion bars and more often than not no rear anti roll bar.

Jrod

And smaller drums but everything can be swapped.

Guest Scartie

Ok, perfect.

The anti rollbar i know of but the thickness of the mid section hmm have to check.

And the torsionbars i fitted them on the rear beam together with the swingarm (is that what u call it?) and it all fitted. But i had to check if i didn't miss something, hate to put it back together to find out that it doesn't fit under the car.

Thanks for the replies

Sign in to follow this