• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Nathan

Dodgy Indicator

Nathan

Now I'm not very good with electrics but need to get to the bottom of why my left hand indicator is playing up (it either fails to work or only works very faintly, and that includes the light on the dash). The hazards no longer work either.

At the moment all I've done is replace the flasher unit but this made no difference so could anyone give me a head start into what the most likely cause will be.

Cheers

steve@cornwall
Now I'm not very good with electrics but need to get to the bottom of why my left hand indicator is playing up (it either fails to work or only works very faintly, and that includes the light on the dash). The hazards no longer work either.

At the moment all I've done is replace the flasher unit but this made no difference so could anyone give me a head start into what the most likely cause will be.

Cheers

My first port of call with indicator problems is to swap the hazard switch. Pull the connector off the back of this switch and see if the indicators work properly

Henry Yorke

Sounds like an earth.

I have a related problem, my passengers side, side repeater does not work but the bulb is fine, but no power gets to it. The indicators don't flash quickly like a usual blown bulb.

any ideas?

steve@cornwall
Sounds like an earth.

I have a related problem, my passengers side, side repeater does not work but the bulb is fine, but no power gets to it. The indicators don't flash quickly like a usual blown bulb.

any ideas?

Hope its the bulb holder - have you tried swapping with the other side? or the connector to it. Worst case a broken wire to the unit . Easy fix in theory, just take a new feed off the front indicator wire - but good luck if you have to route it through the inner wing.

A2TheA

i had the same problem, BAD EARTH

rear clusters, passenger side, (left when looking at the rear) if you remove the cloth/covering in the boot to see behind the light cluster. there is an earth plug connected to the body. check that by either taking the connectors off and putting them on again. try that. if not my rac man bypassed my indicator relay in the glove box, so i can indicate when the key is not in the ignition. thought i'd share that.

but yeah the earth connector in the rear behind the passenger side rear cluster.

Sign in to follow this