• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
timb1046

Locking Wheel Nuts

timb1046

i have lost the tool to remove them, is there any way of getting a new tool or is there anyway of getting them off without the tool? its just the rears that have locking wheel nuts on.

calvinhorse

hammer a socket on to them or take to a local tyre place, they can drill them for £5-£7 a nut.

dirtdog

as calvinhorse said.. hammer a socket onto them. i have seen it done at a local tyre shop. it makes an almighty crack of a noise but they seemed to come off reasonably easy

toddydal

somtimes u can weld a nut to the stud and then undo with a socket,depending how deep the holes r in the wheel

Jrod

I use a rounded off socket set which you just hammer on and undo.

6a_1.JPG

Beastie

If they are the original Peugeot locking nuts then I have a tool which will most likely remove them. If all else fails and you fancy a drive to worcestershire then drop me a PM!

Guest WillR

Cheap and nasty socket sets work best, the metal is relatively soft and will hammer onto the locking nut easily (I find Halfrauds own brand were particularly effective!). When I had to remove another wheel I tried this with a higher quality socket and it wouldn't hammer on - I had to go back to Halfruads!!

Rom

The tools pictured are pretty good. Only thing to watch out for is if the bolts have a spinning outer casing. They need to be chiseld off prior.

Smashing a socket on works most of the time. But getting them back out to do the next wheel can be a pain :huh: Or when the socket cracks.

Over the years at work, ive had to remove loads without the keys. Socket is normally fastest and easiest tbh.

Sign in to follow this