• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
andykandy205

Rebuilt Head Not Working

andykandy205

Can anybody shed some light on what might be happening .

I rebuilt the head on my car XU10J2 and when trying to set the timing , the cam aint spinning at all not even a little bit any 1 got suggestions to hat s happening also this is my first attempt at rebuilding a head so maybe something silly

Sorry realised i put this in wrong part

Edited by andykandy205

j_turnell

You deff got the cam caps on correct and on in the correct position?

pug309twin40s

as above sounds like the cam bearing caps are in wrong order.

the caps have to be in the correct order and right way round otherwise it will cause the cam to lock still.

Pob

Your lucky if you have got the cam caps around the wrong way, I did it on a Diesel head and snapped a cap ;) Does sound like it though

Dan

Stu

sounds to me like the roll pin or woodruff key is missing from the cam, cant remember what an XU10 looks like, do they not have a roll pin in the end of the cam that fits in a little hole in the pulley? It may be its got a machined slot in the cam and a woodruff key, my Mi is like that anyhow.

My big concern would be that if the cam hasnt been turning but the bottom end has, has it bent any valves?

brianthemagical

the woodruf key is just for alignment, when the cam bolt is tightened the friction turns the cam.

Sign in to follow this