• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
si_03

Cd Player

si_03

i have just purchased a 205 gti 1.6. it is on a 'e' plate. the person who had it before me cut the wires for the stereo when he took it out before me getting there. please can u tell what wires need to go were please.

it is a kenwood stereo i have got to go in it

i have got on the stereo

red= ignition

blue/white=power

yellow=battery

black=earth

purple=rear right +

purple/black=rear right -

gray=front right +

gray/black=front right -

white=front left +

white/black=front left -

green=rear left +

green/black=rear left -

pug_ham

What colour wires have you got in the car?

The main connections will be thicker wires: Green/ Yellow (earth), Off White (permanent 12v radio memory), Blue (igintion switched 12v) iirc or the blue & white are switched if your radio looses the stroed staions & setting etc.

The speaker wires are usually thinner: Blue & White, Red & White, Yellow & White, Green & White. White wires are the speaker negatives with the coloured thin wires being the speaker positives.

Which is which will be trail & error or look at the speakers for waht colour goes to it.

Graham.

projectpug

Best thing to do i grabbed a cheap multimeter and tester for constant !2v and 12V ignition then wired these up with the earth. This got the CD player working next was the speakers you can either make new speaker wires from new high quality speaker wire or as previusly mentioned trial and error. I was lucky in that i was only wiring it the rear speakers so left it at that. Try to get the +/_ the right way round as the speakers will work in reverse but not the bass side properly. Ive got use to doing this after owning a few sheds where someone had just left a mess of wires for me to sort out. Also when joining wires the best method is solder then shrink wrap but a crimp connector will surfice.

Sign in to follow this