• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pob

Warning Lights

Pob

Hi all,

I've finally got my 205 on the road, took it out for a 'spirited drive' and the stop light came on, very very dim then the water warning light came on also very dim. The Water temp was around 4 on the gauge... Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan

Faz85

My 306 did very similar, and that was down to a faulty alternator. Did it affect the running of the car? If not it could just be a dodgy earth or something.

Pob
My 306 did very similar, and that was down to a faulty alternator. Did it affect the running of the car? If not it could just be a dodgy earth or something.

The alternator has been replaced recently, it doesn't have any running problems just a dim stop light and water temp light. I doesn't light up straight away, it only does it after a long drive. Which earths would effect it?

Dan

Edited by Pob

joey

sounds like your oil pressure warning light switch could be on yhe way out. this wud explain why the STOP light and the water temp light came on as this switch works both..

i am in the process of changing mine at the moment. Relatively easy to change although access is tricky. its located above the oil filter, there are two switces onto the block, it is the smaller one on the left.

22mm spanner should open it.

Pob
sounds like your oil pressure warning light switch could be on yhe way out. this wud explain why the STOP light and the water temp light came on as this switch works both..

i am in the process of changing mine at the moment. Relatively easy to change although access is tricky. its located above the oil filter, there are two switces onto the block, it is the smaller one on the left.

22mm spanner should open it.

Wouldn't the oil pressure light come on for this to happen?

Thanks,

Dan

joey
Wouldn't the oil pressure light come on for this to happen?

Thanks,

Dan

Ya youre right Dan, it would. when you turn the ignition on what lights come on the dash??

a quik way to test if your swich is screwed anyway is to pull the spade connector off the switch itself and simply ground it on the block and get somone to check if the lights come on now..What i did was cut a piece of old wiring, pear back both ends of it, shove one end into the spade connector and i clamped the other end onto the block with a vice grip.

if they do come on-new switch reqd.

hope this is some help

Sign in to follow this