• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Henry 1.9GTi

Gti-6 Injectors

Henry 1.9GTi

I don't know figures for Mi16 or GTi-6 injectors except that the 6 ones flow more? Any information on the injectors then please post.

Can the 6 or other larger injectors be fitted to the Mi16 fuel rail/manifold, and work on the standard motronic 3 row management? With a re-tweak of the setup on a rolling road.

The engine is flowing way too much air for the standard injectors which are very very loud. Tapping away like mad. I assume this is not normal? Also believe that this is the reason for the limiter cutting in at 6500rpm, when using 3/4 throttle it will rev to 7000. But it gets a bit hesitant top end at WOT.

Help! :rolleyes:

Cheers.

Henry.

Anthony

It will overfuel with the GTi-6 injectors because they flow more and the M1.3 management has no way of compensating (no lambda sensor). You can't really "tweek" it on a rolling road either, except possibly fitting an adjustable FPR to turn down the fuel pressure a bit - otherwise you need to get it remapped.

From memory, Mi16 injectors are 214cc and GTi-6 are 265cc

The standard Mi16 injectors should flow enough for about 180-185hp, and that's plenty for a Mi16 with "fast road" cams or whatever. Worth swapping the injectors over for a known good set to rule out partly blocked injectors that aren't flowing properly, but I'd suggest that your problem lay elsewhere.

Henry 1.9GTi

At the moment its 202bhp. The RR is know to over read by~10bhp compared to others. So say 190bhp I know its only a figure, but the engine is running longman rally head and cams with a 4-2-1 manifold and pretty much straight through pipe!

It will have aftermarket management one of these days but for the time being its staying as it is.

So it will overfuel on idle? I'm not sure how it works but I assume the RR operator sticks a sensor up the exhuast then ajusts fueling on the AFM?

Thanks for quick response.

Henry.

Dino

Henry as this is my old engine Ill add my 2p worth!

I tried the GTi6 injectors on it and it did indeed overfuel like a bitch! I really wouldn't recommend using them until that is you change to different management. It actually hampered performance with those injectors too - and fuel consumption was appalling.

190bhp eh? Bloody good going - I had 181bhp on an "accurate" rolling road but that was with a Magnex exaust so it seems using a straight through one has unleashed some more power!

Great stuff! I always knew that engine was capable of a lot more!

Henry 1.9GTi

well the figure is not all that important, it certainly goes some :rolleyes: Having an extra silencer fitted soon as with just the back box its 98db and it resonates badly at certain rpm.

But it is limiting at 6500 on WOT with more revs available i found when using less throttle. It must just be flowing too much air for the standard setup to cope.

On a tangent, how did you find coolant temps Dino? I wont go into details as ive got oil and water temp guages in the post with actual figures on! rather than the dodgey pug ones which tell me its getting very hot! The front end of the car is off atm and going to rethinking rad and oil cooler position and get a fan which doesnt blow over the top of the rad on there B)

But shes going well atm :(

Miles

Worth trying a different ECU as I know when I switched to a 16v 405 when they where new I thought i would have some more rev's to play with over my old 8v and how wrong was I, this was a 1991 model so the 3 row as well, I had mine modded at Superchip's to up the limit to 7500 which was fine for a couple of yr's until the bottom end ran a bearing!!

Henry 1.9GTi

that is a bonus I suppose because if the extra 1000rpm was there it would be rude not to use it :wacko: which would lead to a shorter engine life.

Another idea although again I dont really know what im on about.... but would an adjustable fuel pressure regulator help me out. Seen some nice ones on merlinmotorsport website. Was thinking that because the car has already been set on the RR that I could just increase the fuel pressure myself and see how it went. Can somebody tell me the standard fuel pressure? Although having set up again on a RR is not a problem really.

Cheers.

Henry.

welshpug

3 bar is the standard pressure :) just on the offchance does anyone know what the flow rates of the Mi (1.9 and 2.0) and gti6 injectors are?

16v205

As above

1.9 gti & mi16 injectors are 214cc/min @ 3 bar

Gti-6 injectors are 265cc/min @ 3 bar

Rich

Sign in to follow this