• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Bam

Xu10j4r Vs Xu10j4rs Exhaust Pipe Flanges

Bam

hi,

does anyone know:

have the exhaust pipe flanges from 406 xu10j4r same diameter/flanges like the gti-6?

will it fit straight (after 406 rewelding)... or do i need also gti-6 exhaust pipe.. cat ?

mik

welshpug

the manifold is a different length to the RS item (shorter and cast iron), hence the RS cat is shorter to accommodate the extra length of the Stainless steel tubular item that the GTi6 uses.

Bam

hmmm....

somewhere i saw a picture from an citroen vts (?) with a little piece of a new flange/downpipe (grey/silver)... i'm unsure witch post it was, i doesnt find them :lol:.

Alastairh

I have a GTI6 and a S16 exhaust manifold in my garage if thats any help?

Do you want me to measure them?

Al

Bam

i've a gti6 exhaust manifold here, thanks mate :D

-but a gti6 flange would help me much more.

i think, i must reweld the exhaust, and a gti6 flange (maybe from a old cat) with little piece of pipe would do the job perfectly.

you don't coincidental will sell this? :lol:

mik

I have a GTI6 and a S16 exhaust manifold in my garage if thats any help?

Do you want me to measure them?

Al

welshpug

aaaah so you just want the part of the downpipe that bolts the the manifold, this is the same size as any XU, even a diesel!

I think your best option would be an original 309 downpipe (it is a 309 right?) and shorten it to suit bu cutting about 2" from the end and shortening the rest of the downpipe and re-attaching the flange part.

Bam

@welsh

you are right, in my avatar i have my old (sold) gti turbo.

i have now a new one - 406 :huh:

and... i've ordered the gasket from 406 a few couple of days. today i've get them and what should i'm say... it fitts gti-6 maniflold!!!!!! :)

so i think you are also right, in the part... "downpipe bolts direkt to manifold" -yes that was my question :)

the 406 xu10j4r pipe is much longer, so i will cut them... reweld the flange and it should bolt direclty to gti-6 manifold :)

cheers!

Sign in to follow this