• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
madspikes

Valve Swap!

madspikes

Can you swap the valves from one cylinder head into another, assuming that you lap them in again?

I have 3 spare cylinder heads, two with nacked castings and the other with nacked valves. I was wondering if I could make a good head :) out of the three nacked ones.

Thanks Mad. :angry:

DamirGTI

Hi !

Yes , i've done this before and didn't have any problems with that valve swap :) , but check the valves first to be safe that no one of this spare valves isn't bended or damaged in some way .. go to machine shop ask the guy to check them for you on the valve grinding machine as because you can't see bend valve by eye .. it's best to re-cut the valve seats (both seats in the head and on the valves ..) first on the valve cutting/grinding machine and then after cutting new seats on the machine finish the lapping job with soft valve grinding paste by hand :angry:

(also adjust the valve clearances after this job if its 8v engine/head with shims ...)

Cheers ! :)

Damir

Sign in to follow this