• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dean

Turboing A Gti-6

dean

hi im very intrested in turboing my gti-6 engine and i have bin looking on dp engineering to see what kind of price i would be looking at but as i have never done any think like this before im not 100% shore on every think i would need if any one could help i would be greatfull thanks dean

welshpug

the prices are on the website :rolleyes: you need to add a suitable engine management, which DP can sort out as well if you wish.

also depending on what power levels you're aiming for you'll more than likely need new pistons, though the gti6oc lot have managed to get 220+ from supercharged standard engines, so a similar figure wouldn't be out of the reach of a turbo'd engine.

dean

yer i have looked on the web site at the kit which you get a turbo,manifold,down pipe,oil return pipe and then i priced up a set of pistons but didnt no what else i would really need apart from intercooler and induction pipe

bales
yer i have looked on the web site at the kit which you get a turbo,manifold,down pipe,oil return pipe and then i priced up a set of pistons but didnt no what else i would really need apart from intercooler and induction pipe

Something to fuel it, both bigger injectors and/or FPR and then either a standalone ecu or a fifth injector (which is really dated way of doing it now), or if you REALLY want to bodge it and only want to run low boost then a rising rate fuel pressure regulator - but I wouldn't want to do that on an engine that I am going to be spending serious dosh on.

To be honest if you can afford to buy the whole DP kit then I guess that decent management and mapping would be within your budget aswell. Though I would probably add at least £1k on top of the DP kit for mapping and ecu.

cybernck

don't forget that it would be VERY advisable to uprate your brakes and

also maybe suspension and tyres, so you'll have to budget for this too.

in fact, first figure out what's your maximum budget and then work out

what can you actually do on the car with that amount of money...

Sign in to follow this