• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dcc

1.9 Gti (f Reg) Gearbox Issues...

dcc

soo...

I picked up my 205 gti from a lad down in west england, brought it back, thinking it needed a new clutch, gearbox and driveshaft.

I took it to a good mechanical minded friend of mine, and 12 hours later, he rang saying the car is driving, you need such and such...

Turns out, the clutch/gearbox/driveshafts are NEW!

The car has group 'N' mounts (a, i dont know what these are, b, he said they are expensive!)

The ONE and ONLY thing wrong with the gearbox was a little lever on top, for selection, the box is a BE1 box! i was thinking of dropping a mi16 into it, but i wanted to run this engine into the ground before i do...

the part which i need is for the 1.9 205 gti

zf21h10adp7.gif

can be seen here as part '5', the clutch relay arm.

I have tried everywhere arround locally to me...nothing :S

so i come here, with open arms, puppy dog eyes, and many many bruised fingers ( ive started doing all the work my self as i have got some webbers going on it later this week, after the mot).

Please could some1 point me in the direction of one of these parts ( peugeot have 0, been there)

if anybody has one, id be in debt to them for many many lifetimes!

do any of the saxo's use this relay lever?

need this part soon, as the tig welding done by my mechanic mate isnt going to last for long :S

thanks for your help!

Edited by dcc

pug_ham

Is the lever broken or just missing the rod between the lever & clutch fork? (item 4)

The Be1 gearbox on the 205 or 309 is the only car I know of that uses this style of gearbox clutch relay arm but if your mate did a good job of tig welding it up , it should last OK.

If Peugeot don't have them anymore you could try Dean Hunter at www.peugeotparts.co.uk.

Graham.

jackherer
The Be1 gearbox on the 205 or 309 is the only car I know of that uses this style of gearbox clutch relay arm

I've had 8v BX GTIs with that setup but you don't see them very often in scrapyards these days.

dcc

have got every item that is displayed here, except for a complete, undamaged, number5

pug_ham
have got every item that is displayed here, except for a complete, undamaged, number5

You'll be lucky to find one in that case, its over 17 years since these gearboxes were fitted to a PSA car.

You might have to swap to a newer gerbox (Be3) with all thats involved to do that or see if you can fit the later style clutch relaease mechanism to your gearbox.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this