• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
All Praise The GTI

Xsara Vts/gti-6 Timing Belt Kit

All Praise The GTI

before my vts/gti-6 lump goes in obviously iam having the belt,tensionners and waterpump replaced.

i have read info here and on the awful and obsene gti-6 forum. and to be honest its confused me :lol:

if iam right in saying:the orignal early kits were the dodgy tensioners that fail with a 136 tooth belt and the later rvised kit has and needs to be used with the 137 tooth kit?

ive got a belt and tension kit from partco. its a gates power grip kit but iam not 100% its the right kit.

gates part number:k015412xs

partco number:gkt1412xs

on the box it says it fitts xantia 2.0 16s, 405 mi16,ti16, 306 2.0 16s 93-96

its only a 134 tooth belt??? :(

is this the wrong kit? and to confuse me even more partco said they have a different kit for the xsara gkt2468xs? :)

my engine is out of an r plate 98 reg xsara vts and has a 136 belt AFAIK. the belt kit was ordered for a 306 and partco assure me its for the gti-6. would someone PLEASE confirm if its right or not as i fear as ive been getting quite worked up about it as i dont wont it to go crash bang tears...

thanks

Sandy

Personally, I think the metal roller, 136 tooth kit is the one to go for. 083148 £88.65 inc VAT from Peugeot.

Miles

Thats the S16 kit, One with a tensioner on a mounting plate, and as you;ve said fit's the T16, 405 Phase 2, ZX and Xantia

You just want the 306 GTi6 belt from say 1998 as Sandy's said there is nothing wrong with the older type, As all the XU10J4R & RS engine's run the same one

t16ryan

I have fitted the same kit to mine without any trouble, it has the same tensioners as the S16,

All Praise The GTI

so is the kit ive got ok or not??? surely not if it has only 134 teeth?

as ryan has said he has fitted the same kit ive got to his engine and it seems fine(although not had it running yet)

i dont want the hassel of the engine being put in etc and then it goes bang and it has to come out and cost £££'s to fix...id cry!

welshpug

you want the one that matches what sandy said here;

Personally, I think the metal roller, 136 tooth kit is the one to go for. 083148 £88.65 inc VAT from Peugeot.

so is the kit ive got ok or not??? surely not if it has only 134 teeth?

as ryan has said he has fitted the same kit ive got to his engine and it seems fine(although not had it running yet)

i dont want the hassel of the engine being put in etc and then it goes bang and it has to come out and cost £££'s to fix...id cry!

the kit you've got will NOT be ok for your engine, take it back and ask for one for a later engine, a 306 XSi 16v timing kit will be the right kit if they cant give you the right one for the gti.

All Praise The GTI

thanks. glad i got that cleared up

damn parts people dont know ####

All Praise The GTI

ive now got a 136 belt from citreon in B.S.E the guy there was very helpful.

i now intend to have it fitted along with the tensioners in the kit i got before(s16)

just wanted to check that will be ok?

i do know the cover will need trimming due to the plate on the tensioner

Sign in to follow this