• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Crazy-legs!

Turbo Coolant Issues

Crazy-legs!

Since finnishing my XU10 conversion ive had a constant problem with airlocks in the cooling system, (mainly in the thermostat housing). Seeing as it seems to do it most when the car is driven in anger, ive come to the conclusion that its the way ive plumbed the turbo into the cooling system, and its boiling the coolant in the turbo feed pipe. (which comes of the thermostat pipe.) I remember seeing a diagram on here a while ago that i think Sam posted, of how he had routed all the cooling system on his car. Ive used the search function, but i cant find it anywhere! Any piccy's or diagrams would be much appreciated as this little niggle is realy doing my head in!

Cheers, Marc

whizzer71

If you go down to your local Skoda dealer and order 1 x 1C0 121 438 A £8.70 + vat ,This is a junction that will fit into your top hose and enable you to pipe the turbo coolant return back into the top hose where it is supposed to be.

We have done this on my mates car and it solved the problem that you are describing,I will also be doing mine the same when I finally get round to fitting the engine.

:lol:

Edited by whizzer71

Crazy-legs!

Cheers for that Whizzer. I dont suppose you've got any piccy's of how you've done that have you?

Anyone else got any suggestions?

Cheers, Marc.

rex

Mine must have had an airlock the first time I had it running for an extended period of time. The turbo was glowing red hot in less than three minutes and it melted my new loom :angry: but the problem sorted itself soon after :) I hate it when you don't know exactly why something was playing up...

Crazy-legs!

Yeah, tell me about it! This coolant issue's been driving me nut's! other than this she runs faultlessly. :)

Crazy-legs!

Cheers Sam. None of your links seem to work though mate.

Crazy-legs!

Yeah thats better thanks Sam.

Edited by Crazy-legs!

Crazy-legs!

Here's some piccy's of how my turbo feed is currently plumbed in.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g24/Char...pg?t=1194389144

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g24/Char...pg?t=1194388763

And one under bonnet shot just for good measure!

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g24/Char...pg?t=1194389354

As for the turbo water return, im still using the original black plastic water junction box that was on the engine, and ive connected it to that.

Edited by Crazy-legs!

Sign in to follow this