• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
brianthemagical

Bike Bodies 8v Inlet

TVH
just fitted them, they fit ok, tiny bit wonkey,

Nice work, how does it run?

gti-hysteria

it doesnt haha, i havnt got my regulators and cables ect

Pugnut
just fitted them, they fit ok, tiny bit wonkey,

is that silicone sealant at the old injector ports or is it a chemical metal like belzona?

gti-hysteria

its chemical metal, the manifold is actully all held together with chemical metal, i know its a bit of a bodge job, but it was £70 to get it welded properly, so i thought i would do it like that as a test to get it all working and then save up for a bogg brothers manifold. basiacally at the mo the manifold i made has cost me £20 and a bit of time.

brianthemagical

cracking idea on the chemical metal, kind of makes me happier knowing i might not have to fork out loads to get it welded if mine doesn't work. is yours going to be RR'd? be interesting to see what kind of power you make.

mrblonde

how do you go about setting all the fuel and throttle up then?..i may do this conversion soon.

gti-hysteria

im not totally sure at the mo, i have drilled my jets out to 1.6 mm, blocked off a hole of some sort, the adjustment screws at the bottoms of the carbs i wound in all the way and then 3 turns back, all that infomation was given to me by bogg brothers.

iv now got the get my 2 fuel pressure regulators to bring the pressure down to 3 psi,

i can use the emmisions machine at work to get it running, but i should get it rr'd to do it properly.

mrblonde

is there any companys that do all this for you,as in have the carbs and fit them for you??.

welshpug

yeah Bogg brothers, but they have a REALLY long waiting list, hence why more and more people are having a go themselves ^_^

pugpete1108
cracking idea on the chemical metal, kind of makes me happier knowing i might not have to fork out loads to get it welded if mine doesn't work. is yours going to be RR'd? be interesting to see what kind of power you make.

i am doing a similar thing on my gti6 manifold and it was looking fairly expensive with getting it welded and all, i did consider the old chemical metal but wasnt sure how strong/bodging this would be??

hmmm might have a go now though ^_^

welshpug

pete if you're using a cup up gti6 manifold does that mean you have a spare gti6 TPS?

from the right place alloy welding doesn't cost much at all, just do as much of the prep as possible.

mrblonde

what about in the essex area dudes of getting this done or set up etc??.

Sandy
from the right place alloy welding doesn't cost much at all, just do as much of the prep as possible.

But the quality of TIG welding varies hugely!

pugpete1108
pete if you're using a cup up gti6 manifold does that mean you have a spare gti6 TPS?

na sorry dude i think i sold the butterfly with the tps a while back

Sign in to follow this