• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
westy

Aftermarket Guages

westy

Firstly, apologises if this is in the wrong place.

I'm after 3 - Oil pressure, Oil temperature and water temperature. Where's the best place to get these from?

Also, the wiring - am I right to assume that I'd have one lead going to a switched live, and one lead going to a sensor? Is it as simple as that, or is there more work involved?

And finally, can anyone recommend a good set? I don't need massive Defi style guages, just small, simple ones that give a clear reading, preferably with warning lights on.

Ryan

Autometer do some very nice gauges for a reasonable price. They're very popular in the jap scene and I've never heard a bad word against them (other than from badge snobs who look down because they aren't Defi)

westy

Great, thanks for that.

With regards to mounting them, does anyone have a good solution? I'm thinking about removing the clock and ashtray and fabricating a custom plate for them there.

GLPoomobile

I bought a TIM electric oil pressure gauge and a TIM Voltmeter from speeding.co.uk a couple of months ago (not yet fitted though). Ignore the gay web site :lol: , they seemed to be the best price I could find (came to £59.98 for the 2 including P&P), and the pressure gauge comes with a sender too, making it very cost effective. I haven't fitted them yet, but I think TIM gauges have an adequate reputation.

To fit the oil pressure sender I've got a brass T-piece from eBay (a seller called Matt Lewis Racing) which fits in the whole for the oil pressure switch. You then screw the new sender in to the side of the T piece and the switch in to the end of it.

Sign in to follow this