• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mmt

307 Brakes?

mmt

Hi

Fitted the bigger 307 front brakes to my 205.

Seems lik it could do with a bigger masterbrakecylinder! Does anyone have any pointers?

Think the dia. of the standard 205 cylinder is 20.6mm. Any upgrades? Would a bigger cylinder be any good?

Thanks in advance.

/Martin

tom_m

i've used both the 22.2 from the 306xsi and the 23.8 from the 406. of the two i would recommend the 22 for road use. less peddle travel than the 20 and not so little you've nothing between on or off as i found with the 23

taylorspug

Id also recommend the 22.2, which is what ive got (mine was a ABS 405 MI item). The cars ive driven on 307 brakes with the bigger MC were a bit too on/off for road use imo. Would have been perfect for track tho.

mmt

Thanks for the recommedations.

I´m looking for less pedal travel. So I was thinking of going with the 406 coupe unit.

I´m using the car for track racing only. I´m fitting braided hoses and that would probably help to gain less pedal travel too!?!

V8Pete

I've had no problems with my 23.8 mm 405 T16 master cylinder. Good feel IMO, and not much travel.

tom_m
I´m fitting braided hoses and that would probably help to gain less pedal travel too!?!

over the standard rubber hoses yes

mmt

Thanks guys.

Bought the 406 3.0 coupe unit. Fitting that and the braided hoses next weekend!

6 months until next track season! :-(

Cheers

/Martin

Sign in to follow this