• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rescue dude

Replacing Oe Sunroof With Plate Query.

rescue dude

Hi all i'm replacing my oe Pug sunroof on my 205 with an ali plate.

Isn't that difficult a job to do but i'm not sure what to do with the holes that i wont be pop rivetting the plate into. You know the ones down the side of the roof that will be behind the plate.

shall i just bang a rivet into them or piss around filling them? The car is my roadgoing hillclimb car so doesn't have to be a perfect job but dont want it looking totally s*it.

What have others done with these holes?

jackherer

I used bolts on the last plate I did and used them on the extra holes as well.

rescue dude

If i could afford to get the roof resprayed i'd fill them but i think pop rivetting them and touching them up will be ok.

Just wanted to know what other people have done and if they were happy with the end result.

Don't know what my mrs is gonna say!!! She'll probably kill me as she loves it, but i'll weigh everything i take off and that'll calm her down hopefully. :)

Baz

IIRC the factory sunroof & mechanism etc weighs around 15kg!

I was thinking about this the other day, and came to the conclusion that i'd be happy with as you say, just putting a pop rivet in the un-used holes, or using bolts as Keiran said! Otherwise a friend just suggested simply skimming with a little sealant. Down to personal taste i suppose.

swordfish210

i just filled them with rivets and some PU sealant so they wouldnt leak. Like you i dont really give a monkeys how my car looks :) When i removed mine i weighed everything i took off and i weighed the plate that i put in it's place and i saved 14.5kg's in total

ashley peddle

standard sunroof weighs 14.5kg :D i just left the holes - it never leaked if you leave the caps in place :)

rescue dude

Thanks guys. I pop rivetted them in the end. If anyone is going to do this job themselves i advise them to take out the roof lining it's sooooooooooo much easier to drill the plate (correctly) :lol: without it.

Just need to paint it and it'll look a lot better.

Sign in to follow this