• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest si-gti

Horn!

Guest si-gti

Is there anyway of changing the tone of the horn on a 205? or could i just change the horn completley

Anthony

Just change the horn for one off another car/van/truck/locomotive etc ;)

jackherer

If you're not liking the tone the chances are you've only got one of the two horns working and so you only hear a high (or low) tone.

Dream Weaver

Buy a Stebel Nautilus for about £22 from a local car shop - straight plug in and very compact so fits behind the passenger light.

Lovely noise, much nicer than "normal" air horns and has no lag when you press the horn button, sounds a bit like a ferry ;)

jackherer

I have a Stebel Nautilus, they claim they are 139db, I might get them to noise test it next time I go to a track day :lol:

Definitely a recommended upgrade, I look for opportunities to use mine now ;)

Dream Weaver

Cool, thats not just me then? :D

I often just use it for the hell of it, and hope no-one notices :)

damien

when my 205 when for it mot afew months ago it didnt have a horn, i dont have a clue where the hell it went maybe some chav nicked it. i ended up taking the one off my gti6

fulani
If you're not liking the tone the chances are you've only got one of the two horns working and so you only hear a high tone.

Had that for over 2 years now! :)

Sign in to follow this