• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jerseypug

S16 Cam Belt Tensioner

jerseypug

i have been sent 2 different tensioners for my s16, the tensioner to the right of the water pump on mine is bolted to a plate about 4 inches long that can be adjusted to tension the belt.

the tensioner above the water pump is the same as the mi16 one, i have been sent a solid one that looks the same as a gti6 one and i have been sent a mi one.

the one i need is simmilar to the mi tensioner but has a hollow in the middle and a hole in the center not offset. any idea where i can get one from? euro car parts dont have the one i need.

i tried a search but got 10 pages of unrelated stuff.

welshpug

which one do you need? the one above the pump or the one towards the front of the engine?

jerseypug

the one towards the front of the car

welshpug

rightyho, according to Peugeot you need; 0829 31 TENSION ROLLER- INJECTION XU10J4, which is held on by a 6923 G6 (an M8 x1.25-20 bolt) It bolts directly to the block and is offset.

(S16 IS an Mi [which is near identical to the T16] the only difference is the packaging, i.e 306 and 405) the rear tensioner is the same as the 1.9 Mi 0829 20

the 1.9 Mi uses a pair of 0829 20's, one held on my a stud and nut the other by a bolt.

welshpug

oh and 0831 25 is the part number for the Belt kit from pug, theyre as cheap from the dealer as anywhere else for comparable quality.

jerseypug

post-5141-1193869467.jpg

it doesent look like a m8 bolt (that was included with the other tensioner) i have tried to include a picture) the one i am after is on the left

jerseypug

post-5141-1193869723_thumb.jpg

this shows it better

welshpug

what the?! :)

100% its an RFY lump??

Miles

You have from left to right, S16 (XU10J4), GTi6 and all XU10J4R's and Mi16 and S16 etc used on loads of Pug's

welshpug

very odd, that tensioner and bracket isnt shown on the datasbase!

jerseypug

any idea where i can get this tensioner from?

Alastairh

I bought mine as a kit.

Just ask to make things simpler. A Citroen ZX 16v cambelt + tensioner kit.

Although in there books they did a Zx GTI6, but thats for a 97 car, but only in France, so they should get the correct kit if you say 94 car, as some parts department managers aren't exactly the brightest of people...

jerseypug

thanks for everyones help. i will try and get one tomorrow

B1ack_Mi16
thanks for everyones help. i will try and get one tomorrow

And just so you know, the front S16 tensioner comes complete with the plate.

welshpug
And just so you know, the front S16 tensioner comes complete with the plate.

so the part number I quoted a few posts back is correct, just that the plate isn't shown on the pictures ;)

jerseypug

just received the correct one. (disadvantages of living in an island) ended up getting a Citroen ZX 16v. just got to remember where all the pipes and connecters go now so i can get it back together. thanks again for the advice

Sign in to follow this