• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
driversdomainuk

Rear Brake Bias

driversdomainuk

Hi

I am going to run a single line to the rear brakes inside the car with a brake bias value - back end locking up a little too oftem on track and want to sort before 2008 season.

Quesitons:

1. are the brake pipe size on the 205 3/16" or 1/4"....?

2. I will be running two pipes (from MC) in to one single pipe (to attach the bias valve) then two spitting off to the left and right of car at rear...I will then need two T union joints....where can I get these from and what esp. should I look for..?

Cheers

tom_m
2. I will be running two pipes (from MC) in to one single pipe (to attach the bias valve) then two spitting off to the left and right of car at rear...I will then need two T union joints....where can I get these from and what esp. should I look for..?

you don't need to do this, just take the rear lines from one port and block the port on the other side of the mc.

driversdomainuk

Thanks mate.

That makes things a great deal easier.

But I will still need a "T" union when the pipe has run through the car to go the the respective wheels.

Sorry, another thing....how much brake fluid will I need to buy...was planning on 2 ltrs.

Jrod

I think I've got a spare T, I'll have a look today and let you know.

Anthony
But I will still need a "T" union when the pipe has run through the car to go the the respective wheels.

Plenty of them in scrapyards on non-ABS ZX's and 405's amongst others, and can't see them being much new - M10x1 female unions on the T-piece

Sorry, another thing....how much brake fluid will I need to buy...was planning on 2 ltrs.

That'll be more than enough - 1 litre usually suffices unless you need to rebleed the system.

driversdomainuk
Plenty of them in scrapyards on non-ABS ZX's and 405's amongst others, and can't see them being much new - M10x1 female unions on the T-piece

That'll be more than enough - 1 litre usually suffices unless you need to rebleed the system.

thats great. thanks

Ryan

Standard pipework is 3/16".

Sign in to follow this