• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
damien

Hid Lights

damien

im sure there was a thread about them but i cant find it.

im toying with the idea of getting some HID headlights for the 205 as its now getting darker alot sooner.

has anyone got any views on them?

GLPoomobile

Sorry, no view from here. Some tit just dazzled me with their HIDs and now I can't see a damned thing! (would insert the little smiley with a tongue to indicate this is a cheeky joke, but can't)

welshpug

I've been keeping an eye out on what's available, and over the past few months prices have dropped significantly, so much so that you can get a branded kit to fit a 205 for less than £150 on Ebay.

my view is that if they're installed correctly and adjusted accurately, with a well manufactured lamp unit they're great.

downside is that by Law the systems should have self leveling and self cleaning systems fitted, but there seems to be a bit of a grey area here with retro fitted kits and its all down to the MOT tester.

damien
downside is that by Law the systems should have self leveling and self cleaning systems fitted, but there seems to be a bit of a grey area here with retro fitted kits and its all down to the MOT tester.

thats what ive read too. some places say they are legal and others say they are illegal, i guess it will be up to the MOT station

Sign in to follow this