• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
monty69

Bulkhead Flex When Brakes Applied

monty69

Im thinking of improving pedal feel as its fairly spongy, no air in brakes. Noticed the bulkhead flexes a lot when brake pedal pressed. Has anyone knocked up a brace between master cylinder mount and strut brace? Do braided hoses make a difference?

Rippthrough
Im thinking of improving pedal feel as its fairly spongy, no air in brakes. Noticed the bulkhead flexes a lot when brake pedal pressed. Has anyone knocked up a brace between master cylinder mount and strut brace? Do braided hoses make a difference?

The 306 and 405 are the same - I've a brace made up for the 306 and it does make a fair difference to pedal travel.

Baz

There's a competition derived strengthening plate easily available to strengthen the bulk head up for this, may be worth the consideration. Usually it's welded in though. :)

Miles

There's also a brace that went from the bottom of the pedal box to the N/S inner wing, it does help slightly

bren_1.3
There's also a brace that went from the bottom of the pedal box to the N/S inner wing, it does help slightly

do you any links to a picture of this?

C_W

I made a brace that fitted to the master cylinder and bolted it to the strut brace which handily sits about 4" from the M/C. It did work and flex was noticeably reduced (all but gone) and I think this is the easiest and cheapest way of doing it (you'll need to remove the whole lot including servo to fit the motorsport bulkhead plate).

But since I had a fire at Donington [and replaced the master cylinder] I never re-fitted it, the flex is there visibly if you have the bonnet open testing the brakes but I find the feel and performance is fine without it.

Sign in to follow this