• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rob Turbo

2.0 8v Turbo Vehicle Speed Sensor Question

Rob Turbo

On my 205 turbo I used the vss and wired it up as the diagram said, i.e. the vss wires went to a control box, then the control box sent a signal to the ecu, but this time I don't have the control box, do I just connect the vss straight to the ecu or do I do away with it all together?

If I wire it straight to the ecu, which wire goes where?

If I do away with it will it put the engine management light on? If so, is there any way to get the light off (I think it's an mot fail if the management light stays on?)

Thanks,

Rob

Rob Turbo

I've already seen that, I know how to wire it up with the control box but I don't have one and was wondering if I can get on without it.

Looking at the diagrams, 2 wires go from the sensor on the gearbox to the control box, then the control box sends a wire to the ecu, but on the s16 there is 3 wires on the sensor on the gearbox, a +ve an earth and a signal wire that goes straight to the ecu, so could I use the s16 type of sensor and use it like that? (if that makes any sense?)

Thanks,

Rob

sonofsam

On the ECU pinouts I have for the RGX pin 9 ECU is VSS, drop me a PM with your email address if you want the PDF files. :)

Dont think I have the control box on mine either!

Sign in to follow this