• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
PUGA

23mm Torsion Bars

PUGA

A friend of mine is looking to buy the above for his 205. He tells me he has tried Peugeot Sport but they have none left. Is there anywhere else that sells these?

He has the 309 rear beam (I'm not sure if this is relevant).

Thanks

Chris

cybernck

yes it's relevant as 309 bars are longer!

i know this place can supply them in all shapes and sizes: http://www.205parts.com :)

petert

They don't look like they've been hardened and tempered. Probably explains the cheap price.

Alastairh

Peter, have you seen one yourself?

Chris, i have one in my 205, and if you look in the Group buy section, you'll see the thread, along with alot of raving reviews.

Edited by Alastairh

petert
Peter, have you seen one yourself?

I've been caught myself on this. I sold a pair of 21mm non heat treated bars and they sagged 30mm after the first event. If hardened and tempered, they would be a darker colour, nearly black. Even if they polished after heat treatment, the splined section would still be dark where you can reach with emery paper. I'm taking 4 pairs of TB's and 3 ARB's back tomorrow for a recall.

Alastairh

Peter, i'll ask again. Have you seen one of 205PARTS rear bars.

Because:

I cleaned up the thread and removed certain comments from person(s) who clearly had no interest in participating in the group buy and who were passing (negative and unhelpful) judgement on a product that they'd not seen, and direct replies to those comments.

As Paul has stated, these bars are made from the correct grade of steel and are heat treated as required. They have been extensively tested with no issues whatsoever.

Now, can this thread please stay on topic regarding the group buy?

As taken from the thread here: http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...74438&st=30

I certainly have no dangling bars underneath my car, and thats me talking from experience...

Alastair

petert
Peter, i'll ask again. Have you seen one of 205PARTS rear bars.

No. Just telling you of my experience with bright, shiny bars.

Alastairh

It just a strong accusation to make from someone thats not talking from experience of a well known and respected company of their products.

Alastair

B1ack_Mi16
No. Just telling you of my experience with bright, shiny bars.

I can add that a Norwegian guy was importing 23 and 25mm bars from France Peugeot Sport bars and the 23mm ones sold for 170£ inc vat. for a pair, this was 306 bars though, and 25mm ones sold for 220£ the pair. I found the 306 bars to almost fit a 309 beam, just need cutting down like 5-6mm total I think. So could be worth checking that out.

petert
It just a strong accusation to make from someone thats not talking from experience of a well known and respected company of their products.

If your's have been heat treated correctly you've got nothing to worry about. You mentioned "dangling" earlier. I'm not sure you understood my comment. The car ride height sagged 30mm in rear after one rally event. Meaning the bars reached their yield point, becoming plastic, rather then remaining elastic and returning to their original position. In addition, a non hardened 23mm bar is less likely to reach it's yield point if driven around town on smooth roads.

cybernck

i guess petert was making his judgement purely based on those pics,

that may as well be taken in the early stages of production or simply

pre-production samples, which may be the reason for confusion...?

the pics were initially pretty dark and needed the levels raised up a lot

so they may have ended up brighter and shinier than they are.

torsionbars1.jpg

torsionbars2.jpg

has anyone got a pic of production bars fitted onto a beam?

:ph34r:

gti_al

I reckon chris would be a good person to test bars........

Is the heat treating as important with the ARB as tbs? I was offered one quite cheaply, and i suspect it probably hasn't been treated properly. It is almost too cheap to say no to though - i think it was made from a 306 or 405 arb or something? Sound too dodgy?

jackherer
has anyone got a pic of production bars fitted onto a beam?

Yes but I had them powder coated so theres not much point posting it :ph34r:

They weren't a particularly light colour beforehand though, I suspect those pics aren't accurate although my monitor is pretty old and inaccurate so I can't say for sure.

Sign in to follow this